Translate

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

THE SERVANT OF THE LORD

"WHY DID NO ONE ANSWER WHEN I CALLED?"

We are celebrating the first full week in the Lenten Season. It is a time to seek that open door 
that we may have slammed closed behind us.
 Today we read the story of Jonah hearing a call he sought to ignore.
. Running away from the call he heard clearly, he endured pain, suffering many trials and hardships.
He came to realize that he was the cause of the troubles.
When Jonah heard the call of God a second time, he hastened to answer.
Putting aside his own understanding, Jonah obeyed, and God was faithful, saving Nineveh!
 God calls us to what is best for our own salvation.

"IS MY HAND TOO SHORT TO RANSOM?
HAVE I NOT THE STRENGTH TO DELIVER?"

The theme of Jonah's story in scripture met me in a painful place of a a dry spell, a sense of emptiness and an abandonment of energy lived out of less daily prayer. These are symptoms of my running away, retreating from what God may be asking of me. Asking only that I continue to go forward, unknowingly, using words to encourage others on their journey, for the glory of the God of all creation. 
Of course, my plan for me was a different scenario. I realized that my being was not only rebelling, but that a grieving sentiment had set in. I wanted it all to be different than what God was asking...
just like Jonah did !Yes!  Angry at God for not having it my way.
Receiving the Graces of being reconciled in Confession renewed the flow of the Holy Spirit
 as the blockage left me.

 "MORNING AFTER MORNING HE OPENS MY EAR TO HEAR!"(Isaiah 50:10)

O' Breath of God , come set me free
From weighing burdens set on  me
Unforgiveness keeps us apart
When anger resides within my heart.

Make me willing to see my plight;
Open my ears, give me the light
That I may look within my soul
To see what keeps me from the goal
Of love of neighbor and of self.

Let me not too busy be,to sit
To ponder, to stay with Thee
Until my heart does soften more
And I can open a once closed door.



No comments:

Post a Comment