Translate

Saturday, March 25, 2017

RANDOM THOUGHTS: GENESIS, two great lights...

GENESIS  1: 1-19
TWO GREAT LIGHTS

Two great lights ...
To serve as luminaries
Upon the earth...
The ONE greater
To govern the day...Jesus
The lesser one 
To soften the night...Mary.
 God made the stars...
Set them in the sky...
To shed light upon the earth...Saints


"LAZARUS...COME OUT!"

Jesus knew Lazarus' death was an act of God to show His power..
He waited for God to act before he went to his friends.

To the degree we seek to control, do we trust God to act?

Martha sent for Jesus and ran to tell Him, to scold Him,of her brother's death.
Did she really believe in the resurrection,or just wanted her brother alive, now?
Mary did not come out with her friends until Jesus arrived,why? She sat within the house.
She  had previously anointed Jesus with oil,as a sign of His coming death.
 Did she know and believe then, that Jesus would resurrect? An inner knowing?
 Maybe a mystical experience as she sat at His feet, that day?

To the degree we seek to control, do we trust God to act?

Lazarus was being grieved as dead! They believed he died.
Did their thoughts keep him bound; tied hand and foot with burial bands?
Can we actually do that if we do not believe?

 Why was Jesus perturbed?
Yes, He was sad. His good friend was dead!
 Humanly, He wold miss Lazarus. Jesus cried for that reason, understandably.
But scripture here says that Jesus was "perturbed," twice.
Perturbed in the dictionary, is described to mean, disturbed, agitated,disquieted.
Was He thinking, once again, "How long do I need to be with you until you learn?"

How many times I could say to myself in a situation, 'Oh! will I ever learn!!!?"
How many times do You have to remind me of something known, yet hadn't sunk -in deeply, yet.?
And I wonder, what tone-of-voice  Jesus would have used, trying to teach me?
" Have I not told you that if you believe, you will see the Glory of God!"

Father, God...thank You for your infinite patience and unending love shown to me...
 not only You, but all those around me,waiting for me to awaken
 to a new fullness of your loving Presence each day, each moment.
Help me to love more and wait upon You to act.
Help me to let go of my own ways that seek to control;
and thanks that You teach me I am loved, no matter where I am in this picture.
Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment