Translate

Friday, March 24, 2017

"OH, THAT TODAY YOU WOULD HEAR HIS VOICE!"


OH, THAT TODAY YOU WOULD HEAR HIS VOICE

On the third Sunday of Lent, there ran a desire within my heart to hear a Word that could be pondered and carried within, to be nourished and be fulfilled, during the Lenten mission and lived.
As we listened, the Psalm of the Mass was read.
 My heart melted as the Words spoken entered in  caressing my mind, resting there...
"Oh, that today you would hear His voice!"
                                                             Psalm 95. 
"OH, THAT TODAY YOU WOULD HEAR HIS VOICE;
"IF TODAY YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, HARDEN NOT YOUR HEART."

Come Monday morning and the beginning of our Lenten retreat, we were also to celebrate Saint Joseph's feast day! I was ready to listen and learn! Fr. Simeon was teaching and it would be a wonderful week!

 Earlier that morning, as the "Our Father" was prayed,  v e r y  s l o w l y....
These words,  "MINE IS THE KINGDOM" resonated, speaking to me, having a newer, deeper, awesome, meaning!
This universe, this planet, this life, is created with each one of us, individually, in the loving thoughts of the Creative process of our maker! He made the entire universe so  that there would be the exact elements needed to create man from the clay of the Earth!
  Imagine that!
We were called forth into His Kingdom! A Kingdom leading toward an Eternity spent in loving  the King, the Father of all creation, Our Father!
To follow this,  we have been invited into this Kingdom! I, we, are not summoning the king into our lives...He is called each one to Himself through Jesus and though His messenger and teacher, the Holy Spirit!

 Something else was to be lived out!
I was to listen and trust more in the Providential care of God.
 That is a little difficult to explain.
Living in the moment!
 That meant for me, accepting "what is at the moment", not complaining or trying to change any situation. It meant trusting more...trusting that God's plan is unfolding before my eyes.
 At this very moment, He would take care of everything, "if I could let Him!"
And let Him, I must do...! Change nothing and ask nothing else to be in it's place!
Just "Be"!
Okay, God! I think I got it!
So,wonders never cease!
 As I drove the car Tuesday morning, a strange, new, strong sound emanated from the motor! I realized the car needed urgent care! I drove it immediately to the mechanic,
 who took it right in to be diagnosed, and kept it there!
Kept it there!
 I now had no car to travel to the Lenten mission! Maybe I had forgot to pray,"Lord, don't put me to the test!?"
A ride home was provided and there was a lovely opportunity to spend time with a dear friend.
Everything was provided...offers came to take me for groceries, and others called, who were unaware of my circumstances, to bring me to mass and the Lenten retreat, either day or evening!
Providential care from God was happening before my very eyes!

"Jesus, continue to show the Father's loving care in all circumstances of life, for we have entered into Your Kingdom as "called guests". Help me to remember and to submit to Your great Plan for life lived in the Presence of Your Kingship through the love of Jesus, and the power of your Holy Spirit."
                                                                                           Amen

"OH, THAT TODAY YOU WOULD HEAR HIS VOICE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment