Translate

Friday, July 8, 2016

IN THE BEGINNIING...you were there

IN THE BEGINNING...

"I Was There..."
In the Beginning, Father God, when You gave birth to the Universe,
when You commanded, "Let there be light!"...
I was there in Your memory... 
Within Your Great Plan for the entire Universe...
"I was there!"

"Yes, I was there!"...
Running toward freedom, away from slavery and intense suffering...
crossing the Red Sea toward a a new land, 
a new beginning!
 "I was there!" 
Crossing the desert, complaining,   grumbling,
trying to fight those great giants coming at me.
"Yes, I was there. Did You hear me?"
Yes! You did answer!
Goliath was being slain!
I was there, Father, and  
It seemed like forever.

"Yes!"...and I heard Elijah, Jeremiah, Isaiah and Daniel.
I listened and believed, Father God.
"I was there!"
I knew You saved me too, by rebuilding me in Your Love.

Esther, also, was a role model of trust in You; 
 persevering with her Queenly attributes.
Yes, she taught me much more!
I was there watching... praying...
 weeping  for Your chosen people's freedom. 
"I  was there, Father!"


Jesus...You were born in a cold, dark, animal lair of a cave
amid a frightful, depraved human era.
Your Presence brought Light, Joy and Salvation to all humanity...
Your Light reached me, Father!
Yes! I was there when You came into my broken world
with Your Light, Your Way and Your Truth!
"I was there!"....
Hungry for Your Word;
Thirsty for the Living Waters...
Seeking healing...for past wounds, unknown.
"I was there...
and
 I knew
You were there, too!"






No comments:

Post a Comment