Translate

Sunday, July 24, 2016

LAZARUS, UN-WRAPPED !

UN-WRAPPED

This meditation came to me so swiftly. It seemed to be a personal part of the healing that I was experiencing at the time. Today's reading from Colossians 2: 12-14, brought it to mind with more clarity.
 How many times I listened to this reading, persevering in Faith, believing what I was able, and piece by piece the Holy Spirit was slowly bringing it all together as a mystery is seen, or a puzzle is formed!

UNWRAPPED

"Where  are You,  JESUS!?"...Mary and Martha called.
"Come! Save our brother! Where are You?"
Lazarus now lay dead four days,
His self decayed within the stone covered cave.
"Where are You Jesus?"
"All this time, all this decay, all this stench!
Where are You?"

What is this Lazarus laying in my tomb?
What has decayed and rotted?
Am I seeking the One Who can raise me from this death within?
"Jesus, where are You?
Come, soften this hardened  heart of indifference.
Help my unbelief!   Open this tomb...let Your Light enter in...
Set me free! Untie my hands, my feet! Unwrap and release me!
Make me clean, once again.
Let the Transformation begin!"

Today's reading enlightened my understanding of the scripture
and the meditation.

It reads...

"When you were Baptized, you were buried with Christ,
and in Baptism you were also raised with Christ
 through your faith in the active power of God,
Who raised Him from death.
You were at one time spiritually dead because of your sins...
But God has now brought you into Life with Christ!
This is the process of living out your Faith in the Truth of the Gospels!
JESUS canceled the unfavorable record of our sins...
completely...by nailing it to the Cross!"

"Have I not told you that if you believe
you will see the Glory of God!...
"Lazarus, come out!"
                                            John 11:38-44





No comments:

Post a Comment