Translate

Friday, February 23, 2018

THE ANAWIM.. the remnant...little ones



THE REMNANT

Fr. Larry trained our group from St.Joseph's Church with the methods of how to teach children
the Catholic Catechism.  In the 1980's, some of us  were new and learning as we went along,
 others were there for the new certification that was required, as the Bishop requested.
Fr. Larry was actually explaining some of the biblical background that he thought we needed. 
This was all new to me!
Our pastor had put a book in my hands with the lessons to teach the children, and simply said,
"Just keep a week ahead of the kids, and come to me with any questions."
I needed this help!
Fr. Larry was talking about the "anawim". They were the littlest fish... the remnant people
faithful to God, living His precepts as best they could.
Something struck a cord and I was listening intently... he said that they  were the "little ones"
who could and did make a difference.
I have always loved and cherished the thoughts of God's "remnant" and the "anawim," Those
faithful few that He could count on to help Him to try and save a town like Sodom and Gamorra! 
They were begging for those souls to be saved! 
And that brought me to believe that there always exists those in every generation, those
 that please God's favor enough to appease His Justice.
I can honestly say that I have prayed that prayer of salvation at times, but I didn't consider
myself as part of the "little ones", the anawim, who could make such a difference...
until recently, when some thing very remarkable happened !

 PUT ON THE MIND OF CHRIST!
We have spoken about our "mind" being the battleground, and that the evil one would like to
  take over the mind and seed the thoughts of rebellion, pride, and control, denying God's will.
We know and understand that God's Word is alive and active when spoken in the 
Light of the Holy Spirit and His WORD  has power to guide, convert, heal and /or convict us gently.
And scripture warns and teaches that we need "to bring every thought  captive 
into the obedience of Jesus Christ."(2nd Corinthians 10 : verse 4.)
It is a big battle that needs to be faced and may take lots of perseverance in prayer
before experiencing results.

IT HAPPENED!
One day recently, while washing the dishes, a concern for one of my sons entered into my mind,
 and it brought me into a thoughtful conversation with God the Father. In my thoughts,
 I asked the Father for a blessing upon Don, my son, this day and in this moment.
In the space of a heartbeat...my phone texted me a message,"Thanks for the prayer, mom!"

HOW AWESOME IS  OUR GOD !

I continue to wonder in awe...in the face of that happening...
the sheer enormity and scope of the MAJESTY of GOD!
His loving existence throughout the Universe!!!
That He hears each voice, answers each plea...
He is here... and He is there...at the same time Present everywhere!
 GOD'S THOUGHTS, so far above our thoughts,
 GOD'S ways, so far beyond our ways.

Silencing our small and ego minds, we must attempt. A loving God
 comes to our aid when we decide to take the first step.
The battleground is the mind...
Silencing our "ego"minds we must pray to do!
How else can we become the anawim, 
the little ones, that can make a difference in this world ?
How else could we pray and ask to "put on the mind of Christ?"
And if we don't ask... how will we receive?

  



No comments:

Post a Comment