Translate

Friday, February 9, 2018

ANCESTRY ROOTS ...continued: A Path of Light!

WHAT A REVELATION !

Just recently,a  link had been discovered that connected
the members of our family tree to  the year 1642, and beyond.
 What a revelation !
There they were..family names... dates ...movements from state to state...
 their gifts...sacrifices...resourcefulness...perseverance...service to
humanity...strength of spirit!  
It all opened up before us and was a little overwhelming to see!

Something else deeper,something that cannot be seen, began speaking to me
about our lineage and the lives of each person from whom we carry 
forward the same DNA makeup.
Their spirits are carried forth into each of our generations as gifts and strengths,
along with many negative weaknesses and character defects...also!

Many years earlier, in the late nineteen eighties, my "Journey" was focused
upon the healing of our family tree. This came as a result of an interest of past family members
 and a desire was stirred from a discovery of one of those family"skeletons hidden 
in the closet" that was never acknowledged or discussed in our family and had
 left many deep scars .
 Those wounds needed to be  uncovered and placed into the Light of Christ
where forgiveness and healing could happen.
There was something  their that brought anguish from deep within me.
God knew what it was. 
Something deep within the psyche. Something hidden that could not be touched
 with  or by human means.
What was it???

"COME LET US SET THINGS STRAIGHT!"


A PATH GIVEN LONG AGO

Many years ago, after Evening  Prayer, as I sat quietly alone,
words began to flood through my mind...
not my words, not my own thoughts!
"What is happening here?" I thought.
I reached for pen and paper and began to write...

THE PATH OF LIGHT
Jesus sought to walk His path of Light
through darkened tunnels of my night.
My anguished heart cried out to Love's own Face
to heal the wounds the years did trace
upon this child.
 Left to seek her own pursuits, she stumbled, fell
to rise again and find she had a destiny.

Can it be true that Love and Light
would lead onward toward the Night
so dark, so deep, so filled with fright?

Yes, it is true that Light pervades the
deepest pool where unknown forces seek to rule.
Our heritage of Adam's root gives way to Word
that cuts the ties of sin and death...
of fear and lies and shame.
The Word of God does  enter in
to places no one else has been!

Creation once more takes It's part
in patient stillness from the heart.
It was all so new, I dare to say "the Lord has been there
faithfully,since first I sought Him in my prayer."

Then, came a time when I knew the Light would
shine all through those darkened ways to make me new!
It is another step with Him, who opens to Eternity...
And I my Lord did see with eyes of faith given me...
His hands,His feet were nailed and torn
for me to rise on Easter morn!
Amen










No comments:

Post a Comment