Translate

Friday, April 1, 2016

A TIMELY SURPRISE

     
A Timely Surprise

"There is an appointed time for everything that happens in this world.
 Everything happens at the time God chooses.
A time to be born, and a time to die...
A time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant...
A time to weep, and a time to laugh...
A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to be silent, and a time to speak."
                                      Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

The Holy Spirit led me into the attic this week seeking an empty storage box I might use for another project. In reorganizing things,to obtain my goal of leaving with an empty box, I came upon notebooks filled with loving letters from Don, written during the years of our being in our Marriage Encounter group. With my dear husband now deceased, this "find" was so welcomed! For I had thought the note books were lost in our move 12 years ago.
Along with that precious find , were my own daily spiritual  journals from past years. I received so much more than just an empty box, this day!

Have you ever thought of writing a "Mission Statement" for your life?
I share my entry with you from May of 2003.

"I seek to establish my life in the intimacy of God within my conscience;
Anything coming from the outside world will be seen as an opportunity for growth, a Grace, and a movement toward the loving Creator. These Divine signs may, eventually, be seen as moments to witness.
 I seek wisdom and the chance to live cleanly, openly, honestly in Gods' Presence."

Needless to say, many years have passed, and I am happily surprised at  seeing this statement. 

The Journey is never ending.
There is always a struggle to die to self, so as to be born again; 
to uproot and plant anew;
 to take the time to weep and mourn;
to learn to laugh and dance once again.

This cycle of living, dying and being transformed, is repeated
until the lessons are learned....
and we begin a new cycle.

My heart is so filled with gratitude... to a lovingly patient God, who faithfully, is a "Light unto my path,
 a Lamp unto my feet!"

"By waiting and by calm...
you shall be saved;
In quiet and in trust...
your strength lies"
                          Isaiah 30:15



No comments:

Post a Comment