Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2016

THE GIFT,an appointed time...

     
THE GIFT

There is an appointed time for everything that happens in this world.
 Everything happens at the time God chooses.
A time to be born, and a time to die...
A time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant...
A time to weep, and a time to laugh...
A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to be silent, and a time to speak.
                                      Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

The Holy Spirit led me into the attic this week seeking an empty storage box I might use for another project. In reorganizing things,to obtain my goal of leaving with an empty box, I came upon notebooks filled with loving letters from Don, written during the years of  our Marriage Encounter group meetings
. With my dear husband now deceased, this "find" was so welcomed!
For I had thought the note books were lost in our move 12 years ago.
Along with that precious find , were my own daily spiritual  journals from past years.
 I received so much more than just an empty box, that day!

Have you ever thought of writing a "Mission Statement" for your life?
I share my entry with you from May of 2003.

"I seek to establish my life in the intimacy of God within my conscience;
Anything coming from the outside world will be seen as an opportunity for growth and Grace
 and a movement toward the loving Creator. These Divine signs may, eventually,
be seen as moments to witness.
 I seek wisdom and the chance to live cleanly, openly, honestly in Gods' Presence."

Needless to say, many years have passed, and I am surprised at  seeing this statement.
This has been such a challenge,taking one step at a time, sometimes  two steps forward and one back. 

The Journey is never ending.
There is always a struggle to die to self, so as to be born again; 
to uproot and plant anew;
 to take the time to weep and mourn;
to learn to laugh and dance once again.

This cycle of living, dying and being transformed, is repeated
until the lessons are learned.
My heart is so filled with gratitude...
 to a lovingly patient God, who faithfully, is a Light unto my path,
 a Lamp unto my feet!

"By waiting and by calm...
you shall be saved;
In quiet and in trust...
your strength lies"
                          Isaiah 30:15



No comments:

Post a Comment