Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2016

THE CYCLE OF LIFE...NOTHING IS WASTED

THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

Please bear with me as I preface this next writing that came during meditation.
On retreat we are reaping  insights pertaining to the unfathomable Mercy of God, His unending love flowing toward us, brought forth in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
This new Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom, gifts of the Holy Spirit, came hand in hand with a life experience.
The Hearts Afire, parish based retreat given by Fr. Michael Gaitley, is a key element in the transformation of bringing home the truth of my faith from "head to heart"as I am living it.
There is always "something new"! Our Creator never ends His invitation to "Come and see!"


NOTHING IS WASTED

As a city girl, moving to Charlton in the year 1960, I had much to learn about nature, and living in a country setting.
My neighbor was a very good teacher and I was willing to learn.
Juanita had been brought up as a child with much knowledge of farming, flower beds, bird-watching, and more. We became friends hiking the woods and following the calls of birds until I was able to identify each one.
 My journey of falling in love with God's beautiful creation began. I had never planted a seed in the ground before, or knew there were so many different and colorful birds...so much to learn.
It was exciting  to see and know how things could grow from such  small beginnings, and how much nurturing was needed to sustain the growth.
Along came the Autumn season, with it's cooler weather and it's brilliancy! Such beauty! I could feel the colors flowing through my being!
Fall season also brought the debris of leaves, garden clean-up, and more teachings on composting the left-overs.
Nothing was wasted!
 This after-life of the gardens, composted, became the future golden nutrients for Spring's feeding of the new seeds and plants. One element fed into the other. The original growth of the garden  soon became the nourishment of "new birth"in the ground for the next season of planting! The cycle of life was seen on a diminutive scale in the Earth!
Nothing was wasted!
What a little miracle that seemed to be!
 Even then,56 years ago, the Holy Spirit was teaching me the circle-of-life! Everything in God's creation has a place of value... of renewal... of new life.
 Little did I know how extensive this life- lesson could, or would become.
Today the lessons of the past come full circle in life and  death; or as I would call it "Transformation and Resurrection".
To live,means we must grow.
To grow, we must change.
Hopefully, change brings us forward to a better place.
Past lessons learned open us to a new level of peace and trust.
God's plan for each is Eternity...a never ending of life.
Yet again, a transformation lovingly planned for each  one to dwell within His Kingdom!





No comments:

Post a Comment