Translate

Thursday, July 26, 2018

WHY BEGIN YOUR DAY with broken pieces ? Grace is better !

DON'T START YOUR DAY
WITH YESTERDAYS BROKEN PIECES

"Don't start your day with broken pieces of yesterday!
Every day is a fresh start.
Each day a new beginning.
Every day we wake up
is the first day of our new life."

This truth came across from Facebook and spoke clearly about
leaving my baggage of the day behind  me at day's end, so as
not to carry anything forward.

A few years now, on and off, I have been praying the 5 steps of the St. Ignatius
of Loyola, "Spiritual Daily Examen."..G...R...A...C...E.
 Taking only 10-15 minutes at the most, it is usually done at the end of each day.
There are 5 steps...
Asking the Holy Spirit to teach me to pray, I begin...

COME, HOLY SPIRIT
O Holy Spirit,soul of my soul, I adore you.
Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me.
Tell me what to do and command me to do it. 
I promise to be faithful to all you permit to happen to me.
Show me only what is your will. 
Amen

 Holy Spirit guide me into the Quiet Space of God.

Choose a Sacred word to keep your focus...
returning to the sacred word, gently, when thoughts enter in.
 This place of peace will increase
as you keep this daily time with Jesus

G   R   A   C   E
The daily Examin,
A Conversation with God.

GRATITUDE:  for the the day's gifts and blessings...recall in thanksgiving the blessings of the day,
you're God moments, praising GOD.

                       REQUEST:   ask for  God's gift of  Understanding upon the day's actions as He would
have you see it.    Make this a "prayer- conversation" with God the Father...

ACKNOWLEDGE :   your actions throughout the day; 
telling JESUS details of some things that occurred,
how you felt,what you were thinking...what you may or could have done differently;
have a conversation with Him.
CHART:  a course of daily change for the better; or stay the course you are on.
Here, make an act of contrition and a resolution for change, if needed.
ENTREAT:  God for energy and enthusiasm for tomorrow and
ask for the  help of His Grace to carry out any changes.

GRACE: will be given as we continue each day, to be able to see any
patterns that may need to be corrected.
The daily examen will eventually lead to living a life of Transformation  with Jesus Christ.
This is a good guide toward preparation for the monthly Sacrament of Reconciliation,also.
It is up to God to give the Grace of enlightenment and a true resolve to change.
We cannot  do this alone.
We need Jesus' help.


A good guide pamphlet that helps me enter into this place of prayer
can be found on the St. Joseph's welcome table in our Church entry.
Cardinal Mercier's
SECRET TO SANCTITY
AND HAPPINESS

St. Ignatius Examination with Fr. Timothy Gallagher OVM
can be found on YOUTUBE
www.discerninghearts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment