Translate

Monday, November 28, 2016

IN CHRIST ALONE... healing the Family Tree

IN CHRIST ALONE 

These beautiful words sing within my soul...like a mantra
"In Christ alone ...my hope is found...
He is my Light, my strength, my song..."  

Nov. 23, 2016:   An amazing insight was made clearer to me upon awakening this morning.
I AM BEING WASHED CLEAN BY CHRIST!
Not only my feet...my hands, my arms...
Yes! 
And my entire memory bank! 
Whatever was deposited into my mind is being cleansed 
and dissolved in 
The Light of Christ!
Like the chaff being separated from the wheat...old memories being seen, now "through the eyes of God"
An amazing Grace is happening as it is being observed.
  
A negative and unhealthy memory, unknown to me at the time, 62 years ago,
floated to the surface of consciousness. It surprised me! As it came it was dismissed,
 yet it left me with a feeling of heaviness.
Going into the church that day needing a priestly  blessing, I shared it openly, and
as part of the process of Grace ...it is gone forever.

Years ago, a friend and myself went through a time of prayer to heal our family trees.
We had a manual book, "Healing The Family Tree" written by Fr. Hempshe.
The prayers included the daily Eucharist. Much healing took place, for we were encouraged to pray for the deceased and the souls in purgatory. Many names of our ancestors arose as the Mass was approached each day. Our prayers actually help them rise closer to God! I know this was an amazing teaching of God's tender mercies toward all His children.
There seemed to be something  deeper that my deceased father had need of. We were in touch with Fr. H. and he suggested a memorial Mass be offered in my dad's name. The mass was celebrated at our parish. 
On December 7th.... the day of my dad's birthday,while  in a listening place of prayer,
I heard  these words, like an inner whisper..."Thanks pumpkin"...
No one knew that my dad  called me his pumpkin...
God's ways, so far beyond our ways!

My question...when healing takes place deep within our being, are others in our past generations healed also?
Is this a continuation of the generational healing needed within my family?
If there is a healing within myself, is there a continued healing  in all of humanity within the realm of
a larger universe?
We are  all one in the Body of Christ! All united in Him.

"COME HOLY SPIRIT...beloved of my soul...come!... I love You, I need You and I trust in You!
Come to strengthen ... to enlighten... to guide...
Teach me Your ways... You are the Light of Christ...
Come to heal and cleanse me from my hidden debris... come!
Wash my feet, my hands, my heart, cleanse my soul and wipe clean all memories in me 
that provoke fear and anxieties...as I give myself to You... merciful God.
Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment